Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Neue Seite 1

Das rudge.de- Forum

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 9 Antworten
und wurde 775 mal aufgerufen
 Motor / Engine
nickrudge Offline

26.05.2008 21:16
Oiltank sludge Antworten

Hi,

I have bought an oiltank some time ago. The previous owner has sandblasted it to get rid of the old paint.
As I allready suspected the inside of the oiltank is covered in sludge and a lot of sand.
Is anybody having some experience with this ?
Is there any solvent or anything to get rid of the sludge and sand ?
Regards,

Alex

GS-Rudge Offline

27.05.2008 22:23
#2 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

Hallo Alex,
Take on 1Ltr. Water with 20 ml ammonia solution (salmiac geist) and 10 ml Spüli or dish liquid. After leaeving it for approx. 1 hour take citric acid (one spoon in one ltr. and heat it with a water heater) and leave it overnight. this should solve your problem. If you have more questions please don´t hesitate to contact me.

regards,

Günter

nickrudge Offline

27.05.2008 22:43
#3 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

Hi Gunter,

Thanks for you're reply.
I will try this and let you know the result.

Regards,

Alex

rudge.de Offline

28.05.2008 07:27
#4 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

I remember,
a friend of mine had cleaned his vespa-fuel tank, which was covered inside with something looking like tarmac, with a high pressure water steam cleaner (you will find one on most fuel stations)

nickrudge Offline

28.05.2008 08:49
#5 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

Hi Andreas,

I have tried this last weekend, the only thing which cleaned up very nice was myself.
I had also some good result with a fueltank some years ago but the sludge and sand in the oiltank is quit sticky.

Regards,

Alex

rudge.de Offline

28.05.2008 20:01
#6 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

so i hope you have good sucess with günters magic brew!

nickrudge Offline

02.06.2008 09:26
#7 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

Hi Gunter,

The oiltank is as clean as its left the factory.
I first tried to de-grease the tank with some industrial de-greaser but this only made the sludge more soft.
Then I tried you're solution, worked fine.
Thanks again Gunter for you're advice.

Regards,

Alex

rudge.de Offline

02.06.2008 17:58
#8 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

wonderful! i will try this very soon on one of my oiltanks

nickrudge Offline

02.06.2008 20:13
#9 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

Hi Andreas,

be sure that you ventilate you're workshed, the solutions ar a bit "smelly"

Regards,

Alex

GS-Rudge Offline

03.06.2008 21:48
#10 RE: Oiltank sludge Antworten

Hi Andreas,Hi Alex,

I take this solvent to clean old wrist and pocket watches...It`s another hobby of mine. and I´ve tried a lot of solutions to get the resinfied grease off. This solvent is magic an biological. There are a lot of other solvents on the market but this is also good to clean everything. <try with only ammoniak on brass parts... you will be astonished hoh clean they will come out the solvent...after that polish them with a buff wheel.

If there is any interest, Im repairing wrist watches since 30 years and if somebody has a Smith Tachymeter or any watches, I don´t see a difficulty to replace new bearings as I did with my own one...running super..

So don´t hesitate to give my contact adress and number...I almost make a fair price...also for watches...

Plese contact Volker for more details as i talked on the phone with him. Perhaps there are other interesting parts for rebuild...
regards,

Guenter

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz